The therapy where a person get injection of coffee directly into the rectum and colon via the anus, i.e., as an enema known as Coffee enemas.
Started by Max Gerson who was a German-American doctor who believed you could detoxicate the body and give the nutrients it needs to heal itself using an organic plant-based diet, raw juices, and coffee enemas this program also known as the Gerson therapy, however there is no medical or scientific evidence to support any positive health claim for this practice, moreover medical authorities advise that the procedure may be dangerous.
What are the benefits of a coffee enema?
It is speculation as there is no scientific evidence that coffee enemas may help:
- Relieve constipation
- Weight loss : people claims that coffee enema can help in reducing weight.
- Boost immunity
- Increase energy
- Stops yeast overgrowth
- Treats autoimmune diseases
- Removes parasites from the digestive tract
- Removes heavy metals from the body
- Treats depression
- Treats cancer
What are risks and warnings of coffee enema?
There are some evidences to advocate that coffee enemas may be harmful. According to the some known medical Institute, there are several side effects and it may cause death due to bacterial infection, or due to electrolyte imbalance.
- This process may be harmful.
- Three deaths potentially linked to coffee enemas have been recorded in medical literature.
- Coffee enemas may cause serious side effects, such as rectal burns.
- Bowel perforation
- Infection caused by improperly sterilized equipment